A successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who aspires to work in a team environment and ultimately grow into a leadership role in project management.
This position would fulfill responsibilities at our Northbrook office.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects, from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Establish working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers, especially in IDOT
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Assist senior engineers and project managers in developing final design plans, including but not limited to cross-sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Participate in project by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Engineering in Training (EIT) License is preferred but not required
- 4 to 7 years’ progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation/design and strong technical skills in highway design is required
- Knowledge of IDOT design standards is required.
- Full and in-depth familiarity with AutoCADD and Civil 3D software is required
- Experience with MicroStation is desirable
- Adept at executing project management tasks with minimum oversight such as scheduling and time management; monitoring project costs
- Excellent and effective written/verbal communications skills