We have an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join our Survey Department.
This position would fulfill responsibilities at our Northbrook office.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Field surveying
- Perform Topography, Boundary, ALTA, ROW, Traverse and Construction Layout.
- Use of Trimble GPS, Robotic Total Station, and e-level.
- CAD – prepare boundary and topographic survey drawings using Microstation/Geopak.
- Property research at Courthouses/Internet.
- Familiar with IDOT point and line codes.
- Interpret and review engineering drawings for accuracy.
- Prepare calculations as required.
- 3 -5 years of progressive experience in surveying on IDOT, Illinois Tollway and CDOT projects.
- Proficiency in Microstation/Geopak, GPS, Total Station, and e-level.
- Professional communication skills with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional organizational and writing skills.
- Flexibility to work in the office and in the field.
- Ability to travel locally for projects.
- Trimble Business Center proficiency a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Current Illinois or Indiana Surveyor-in-Training (SIT) License desired.
- Ability to obtain an Illinois or Indiana Professional Land Survey License (PLS) within 5 years desired.