We have an excellent opportunity for a Resident Engineer on our Construction Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall field management of a roadway projects base.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Monitor Contractor progress and compare with project
- Inspect and accept installed work
- Prepare Summary Inspection Reports of Daily Activities
- Provide technical leadership for complex and unique assignments
- Review drawings, specifications, contracts, and requisitions
- Coordinate on-site materials testing, interpret results and provide direction
- Assure the effective and complete adherence of approved plans and specifications to result in correct construction of projects.
- Supervise and coordinate Inspectors to assure adherence to specifications.
- Maintain records to ensure proper estimate payments.
- Analyze plans and recommend needed changes so that project will be correctly constructed.
- Maintain professional human relations with contractor and public to facilitate cooperation and coordination of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering and IL Professional Engineer license (PE) are desired
- 10+ years’ field experience with 5+ of that as a Resident Engineer or lead inspector on IDOT construction projects is required
- Current IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities Certification is required
- Experience with material certification for local, state and federally funded projects is desired
- Experience with Illinois Construction Records System (ICORS) and e-Builder is desired
- Experience with civil roadway construction, public works construction, and land development projects is required
- Experience with Airport and Rail & Transit construction projects is desired
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents, compute quantities and verify measurements and layouts is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to maintain detailed daily logs and prepare project reports is required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all projects stakeholders (client, contractor, sub-consultants) and interact with the public and elected officials to respond to inquiries and resolve problems
- Experience with Primavera, MS Project and/or other construction phase reporting and project management tools is desired. Proficiency with MS Office applications for reporting and data management is required
- Ability to utilize critical thinking, judgment and experience to define, analyze and solve problems is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license be able to travel to local project sites and work extended hours as required
- CMAA, CPESC, NICET, APWA certifications a plus